Pregnancy and new parenthood are often isolating and people are feeling it now more than ever. This is one of the reasons why we put such a heavy emphasis on community building at PYC and share birth stories.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth |Babies, I have the honor of listening to the birth story and pregnancy journey of one of our community members, Kate Meredith. Kate joined the PYC community at the start of Covid and in the very early weeks of her pregnancy. She shares the role community played for her during quarantine, obstacles she encountered, conscious choices she made about the trajectory of her pregnancy, and her recent birth story.
In this episode you will learn:
- Learn about Kate.
- How Kate prepared for pregnancy .
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility and charting one’s cycle.
- Some of the conscious choices Kate made during her pregnancy and preparing for her birth.
- Obstacles Kate encountered during her pregnancy and what helped her with them.
- Kate’s birth story.
- Some of the challenges Kate faced as her birth unfolded and how she moved through them.
- Recovering from birth.
- The most rewarding part of parenthood
- The hardest part of parenthood (so far!)
- One tip/piece of advice Kate offers new and expectant parents.
- Birth Justice Fund
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility
About Kate Meredith:
Kate Meredith lives in Central New Jersey with her husband Scott, cat Evey, and baby Alex Milo. She teaches Spanish at an independent school, and loves to swim, practice yoga, bake and travel. Kate and her husband are high school sweethearts, and have been married for almost 5 years.
Support Our Sponsors:
- Somfy: Learn more about Somfy powered motorized window coverings, or connect with a Somfy dealer in your area to get a customized quote for your home by visiting somfysystems.com/podcast.
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
instagram & facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center